Friday, October 10, 2008

Lasik Procedure


Finally, I did my Lasik procedure yesterday afternoon! Everything went well mainly because I was briefed about what would happen. What I did not expect was the pain I experienced after the anesthetic wore out! My goodness! I was going to pull my hair out! I had tears running down my eyes and it felt like someone had punched me in the face, nuerously! My nose was runny so I had to breath through my mouth. Sleeping was difficult because I was more in pain than anything else. It was hard to keep the eyelids open too as it was puffed up. That lasted for 3 hours! By nightfall, the congestion disappeared and my vision was restored after 5 hours. I slept better at night.
Today, was a different day! I woke up and I could see the time! Do you know how that feels? Oh it felt great!! I was so excited I got up and showered and took a walk outside! Woohooo! It is still blurry but that's because my pupils are still dilated and it would be dilated for 3 days. So after 3 days, I would be able to see clearly. I even drove to see the doctor for a followup this morning. Will update further in a week after my weekly checkup! Woohooo!

No comments: