Sunday, September 21, 2008

Morgan and Goldman becoming Commercial Banks!

I woke up this morning feeling groggy from the lack of sleep last night cos little Kelly had a nose block and was crying! Carol's gone to work now, Jamie is off to school and as I sit at my 'SOHO' trying to digest what I learnt at the seminar yesterday... I couldn't!
Let me rest my brain a bit..I'm watching the market and CNN reports Morgan and Goldman becoming like commercial banks, being able to take deposits and being holding companies for other financial institutions in trouble. The US Gomen sure is working hard to rescue the markets with a 1,000 pt movement to the upside the last 2 trading days from their rescue plan. USD700B is the price tag but where does the money come from? It seems like they have endless reserves or are they printing..? hmmm Reminds me of Danaharta! Here i am selling (shorting) the futures in anticipation of more political uncertainty but still welcome the boost we got ahead of the US markets positive closing! We'll see what happens the next few days as Anwar presses for a no confidence vote on our dear sleepy PM!

No comments: